Wednesday, July 13, 2016

FRAUD ALERT! BEWARE OF PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE SELLING MY ARTWORK

Wow - Its been a interesting week in cyberspace.   Firstly,  finding people on Pintrest claiming I don't make the beadwork in my photos on this blog ( ignorant and weird ) and now,  I find out there is someone trying to sell to gift stores or set up shows,  claiming they are selling my beadwork.  Total lie! I don't make and sell gift grade beadwork.  I only make one of a kind items,  which usually are in high end collections or museums.   Whom ever is doing this is pulling a huge scam.

I was told by a store in California the person approaching them had beadwork on a pillow ( which I don't make ) with the images of Kachinas on it.  I have NEVER done this,  nor would I,  as Kachinas are seen as sacred beings by the Pueblo tribes.   They would not be something I would want to make and capitalize on.  

So beware if approached with low end goods claiming they are mine.   They are probably imported beadwork.   And beware whom ever is doing this - I will hunt you down like a dog.  And those who know me know I don't make idol threats.

Angela


No comments: